Wednesday 18 July 2012

Looking Back...: Age of Empires

Having the summer off can bring times of severe boredom and having gotten bored of all the "new" games I own (despite not having played at least 5...) which led me to the conclusion that I play an older game that I haven't played in years. Looking through my PC collection, I realise that I had a good gaming upbringing with such hits as LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth 2 and Rome: Total War (I was a violent child, it would seem). The game that caught my eye was Age of Empires. I have the first game and it's expansion pack in a single disc and it was my first PC game and quite possibly one of my first video games. :') Playing it brings a sense of nostalgia as I remember the day of just starting a death match and spending the whole game deforesting the trees on the map... Simple times.

From the perspective of my present self, I feel that the core game play is still top-notch and I am very sad that Ensemble Studios (the developer) went bankrupt; I love(d) 2 and 3 too.

Still; I have forests to chop down ;)

SkyrimAddict

No comments:

Post a Comment